Wednesday, September 24, 2008
random posts of pretty
I think there are basically two sorts of little girls:  Cinderella girls, and Alice in Wonderland girls.  Cinderella girls dream of being princesses - complete with the prince, the floofy dresses and the sky-high princess hats.  Alice girls, on the other hand, are a quirkier sort.  They make up fantastical stories in their heads, talk to their pets as if they were people, and have a fondness for the odd.  I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I was always a Alice in Wonderland girl.  

I suppose this is old news by now, but I'm finally just getting around to looking at some of the illustrations Mary Blair was asked to do for the original film version of Disney's Alice in Wonderland.  The illustrations were never used, but they have recently been included in a new, abridged version of the classic story, and as an Alice girl I happen to think they're flipping fantastic:







Labels: , , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Those are awesome.

I'd like to think there's some alternate to Cinderella and Alice. I was never all that into Cinderella, but Alice in Wonderland freaked me out when I was little. Is liking The Little Mermaid cooler? :)

Blogger cornshake said...

even though it was past my childhood, i would have to say i was a little mermaid gal. before it ever came out, i firmly believed (okay I *still* do) that i could live underwater and tried so hard to do so in our pool when i lived in phoenix (3rd-6th grade)...but if that's not an option, i was definitely an alice in wonderland gal. curious food? talking rabbits? oh yes!

Blogger Mrs. White said...

You're right - I suppose there really should be a third, more tomboy-ish sort, eh? I can see were The Little Mermaid would fit that bill nicely. ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer