Thursday, March 20, 2008
random posts of pretty
From The Invention of Everything Else, by Samantha Hunt:

"They'll say it all went wrong at wireless energy. But that's not true. If I'd had a bit more time, a bit more funding. Or else maybe they'll say Mars. They'll say I went crazy. They'll say I must have been senile to believe that I had talked to Mars. Yes, they will. I know they will. They'll say there's no way to draw free power from the sky. They'll say the only way to get things done is the way that makes them the most money. Coal. Oil." He lifted one leg up to the windowsill and perched there, staring out at the city. "But remember – they once said alternating current was impossible also."

Mr. Tesla stood for a moment by the window. He studied the pale bird, listening, before taking a seat. "People can make beautiful mistakes, dear, and each one is an arrow, a brilliant arrow, pointing out the right way to there."

His breath was loud and his eyes did not meet mine. I didn't know where "there" was, but I believed him
.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer