Thursday, August 16, 2007
off to the lake, where we will straight up, flat out, literally go camping
We all prepare for weekend camping trips in different ways. Some research recipes for savory wilderness cuisine. Some dig through garages and attics for useful things such as flashlights, handguns and bug spray. Others bulk up on their cardio in case a sudden sprint from a bear is in order. Me, I buy shoes.

But not just any shoes. Oh, no. I buy nostalgic shoes.

Remember KangaROOS? Popularized in the early 80s? Zippered pockets to house your keys while you're running? Yes? No? Well, regardless, I now own a pair. You're jealous, I'm sure.

And yes, although it's still 2007, my feet will be rockin' like it's 1984 - pockets and all. Teeny, tiny pockets that are really only good for storing half a key, providing shelter for a small family of ants, or squirreling away a single acorn - but pockets nonetheless. Should be incredibly useful, I'd think.

So, yep! All ready on this end. Shall we camp?



3 Comments:

Blogger JMW said...

That's quite a serene photo, but I was kind of hoping for a shot of the shoes.

Blogger Carrie said...

Or for storing exactly one almond and one macadamia nut.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Here's a link to the shoes, although in the wrong color. And although I didn't order them though Zappos, I'm now noticing that there are much more retro-looking ones available and I'm now drooling a bit at the prospect. After all, a girl needs a place to store her almonds and macadamia nuts. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer