Monday, May 14, 2007
as if it weren't hard enough to focus on work and the house and just in general getting stuff done...

...my parents gave me my birthday gift a whole week early. Ordinarily I wouldn't bother to bore you with such trivial matters, but, well, it's just so awesome I feel compelled to bore you nonetheless. And in keeping with my "live as if I were a contestant on The Amazing Race" life philosophy, I assembled the entire freaking thing - all 14 pieces, 30 bolts, 30 washers and 20 nuts of it - by myself wearing flip-flops, a skirt and pretty blue dangly earrings.

Because, that's simply how I role.

So anyway, I'll be here until September if you need me - alternately reading and napping while the sounds of the birds and the wind and the mother over at Red-Neck House screaming obscenities at her three illegitimate children mix together to create the soundtrack of my summer.


Chloe will, of course, be joining me.
(Yay!)

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Swing baby, swing.

Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, that's awesome! I'm jealous. We're so getting drunk and swinging on that while singing Smith's song or something over Memorial Day weekend. :)

Blogger Mrs. White said...

You've pretty much echoed my thoughts exactly, Carrie, although I picture that we'll be doing this while watching the boys toil at cleaning out our horribly overgrown horseshoe pits.

(Of course I'd help, but I expect that my hands will simply be too torn up still from assembling the swing. That, and I'm a delicate little flower.)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer