Monday, April 30, 2007
but the sun still shines
Thanks to a half-baked decision to spend my Saturday redecorating my den and a hurried last-minute trip to Columbus on Sunday, a weekend that was supposed to be boring and restful turned out to be anything but, and although I’m feeling thoroughly exhausted and more than a little blue there are still several things that I can find to be thankful for. To list:
  • the designers of the Motorola Razr for creating a cell phone that proves impervious to an accidental submersion in a full tray of paint. (A hue that’s quite pretty so says I, although it looks a sight better on my walls than on my phone.)
  • my neighbor who randomly gave us a free air conditioner despite the fact that I occasionally have noisy houseguests who keep her up all night.
  • one gorgeous day after another, even if enjoying that pretty sunshine meant that my lily white skin has turned rose petal pink. I pull it off of course, but it’s a bit owie.
  • The Rosebuds for making Night of the Furies, whose dark, synth-pop sound that is so very me helped make 6+ hours in a car on Sunday a bit more enjoyable.
  • the opportunity to eat, laugh and reminisce under a big blue sky with family who I don’t get to see often enough.
  • Hospice.
  • and most of all, the chance to say goodbye to a woman who I love, respect and will miss tremendously.

The week ahead will be none too easy, but yesterday I realized that I am from a stock of women who are some of the most stubborn, funniest, and strongest alive. I take both pride and comfort in this, and pledge to be all those things too, even on those days that aren’t so sunny.



1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I love ya, kitten. Call me if you need anything...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer