Thursday, March 15, 2007
so, i'm thinking that
...I kinda want to bitch slap that parent at parent/teacher conferences tonight who told me that the A- that her son received in my class is the only A- he's ever received in his life, and he's so utterly dejected over it that he's thinking about throwing in the towel, abandoning his ivy league ambitions and basically giving up on life. When I pointed out a low test score and said something to the effect of: "Well, we all screw up every now and then." She replied with, "Not me. My son might, but not me."

Well I see then. No wonder your son is so easily defeated; it must be tough having a perfect mother. I certainly hope this is the one and only speed bump life throws his way because you certainly haven't equipped him with any tools to deal with disappointment.

...I thoroughly enjoyed last night's Lost. Claire, who usually bothers me tremendously, didn't bother me at all; I continue to find Desmond's whole sudden ability to see the future intriguing; the ending posed all sorts of interesting questions about Jack, who I'm usually not at all interested in; and Locke has, at least for the time being, been removed from my Pussy List (although not everyone agrees with me, apparently). But seriously, how tight was it when he threw Professor Eye-Patch into the electronic fence of head-exploding doom and then nonchalantly turned to his buddies and simply said, "sorry"? Best.

...I'm annoyed with myself for my last-minute bracket revisions. Old Dominion over Butler? Marquette over MSU? Grrr. Why can't I just leave well enough alone?

...I need to find a new 1920's era costume for the annual Roaring 20's party, which is scheduled for next Friday. Last year I borrowed a flapper dress from a colleague. It was a size 12, and I...am not a size 12. I don't think the boys minded the looseness around the cleavage, but I blushed a bit. Lack of time/money/sewing skills are a bit of a hindrance, so if anyone knows of someone who would own such a oddly time-specific clothing item I'd be interested in hearing about it.

...I might want to just skip dinner and eat the rest of those tiny brownies that parent gave me tonight at conferences. And don't give me that whole food pyramid crap. They're not really brownies, I'll have you know. They're vitamins. Delicious little, chocolate chip filled, frosted vitamins.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Mmmm... the brownies are so good!

And I enjoyed Lost, too. I was very intrigued by Jack's seemingly blissful game of catch and Locke's secretive behavior. I feel like he may be up to no good. Yay for suspense!

Blogger Carrie said...

Don't worry- I picked Old Dominion over Butler (and stupidly, Wright St. over Pitt just b/c they're from Ohio). But picking Marquette over MSU? I'm not going to let you live that down anytime soon. Just FYI. Go Green!

I don't think I can help you in the flapper department. Sorry! See you tonight!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer