Monday, June 15, 2009
FAIL: the time traveler's wife movie trailer
No, Hollywood! This is ALL WRONG:



Romance isn't usually my genre, but I LOVED Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife. It was maybe one of the most romantic things I have ever read while still being well-written, smart, original and complex. However, if this trailer accurately depicts the tone of the film adaptation, it looks like Robert Schwentke had turned something beautiful, strange and special into another run-of-the-mill, cheesy date flick. I hate the way that it's cut, I hate the stupid song that's playing, and I hate how completely ordinary it looks. Blerg.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Ha! I had an idea for the exact same blog post. :) The song alone ruins the damn trailer. I still hope this is just marketing, and the movie gets it correct, but it seems doubtful now. I think there may be many cranky fans of the book...

Also, Eric Bana seems all wrong to me...

Blogger MB said...

Yuck.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw the trailer yesterday and I hated it. What a beautiful, thought-provoking book....and what a cheap silly date movie. I don't think I can go see it!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer