Thursday, December 04, 2008
random posts of pretty
We went to the Detroit Institute of Arts last weekend to see Monet to Dali, a travelling collection of modern masterpieces from the Cleveland Museum of Art. As expected, it was fantastic, but while we were there we also happened to check out a exhibition of Jane Hammond's titled Paper Work. I had never heard of Jane Hammond before, but I sort of fell in love with her after seeing her work. In general, her pieces are zany, giant, intricately-constructed collages, and since pictures don't really do them justice, I'd encourage anyone living in the area to go to the DIA to check them out in person.

Here's several I particularly liked:

Six Wishes

All Souls

The Wonderfulness of Downtown




My Heavens!


I also really liked her "fictional photographs," but more on those later, perhaps...

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer