Tuesday, December 30, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #28 of 30: the hold steady's "one for the cutters"
The Hold Steady is one of those bands that everyone else seems to like more than I do. Which isn't to say I don't like them. Far from it. It's just that I enjoy them when I hear them, but then sort of forget about them when they're not on.

So I guess it makes sense that my general feelings about the band go hand-in-hand with my feelings towards their 2008 release, Stay Positive. I've reviewed this album once already so I promise not to do it again, but I would like to repeat that I think it's a fine album by a fine band, despite the fact that I really didn't listen to it much after initially laying hands on it.

Of course, the exception to all of this would be the song "One for the Cutters," which is where the bar band suddenly grabs a harpsichord and takes a turn for the Baroque. Love it.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer