Saturday, December 27, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #25 of 30: adele's "my same"
Admittedly, I shied away from Adele largely because I kept hearing her being compared to Amy Winehouse, whom I loathe. (A hatred which, for the record, has nothing to do with the fact that she's a complete and utter train wreck.  I couldn't care less that Winehouse is a crackwhore.  I just can't stand the sound of her voice.)  But I've eventually come around to Adele, despite the fact that her music is rather "Winehouse-esque."  Her song writing still needs a bit more time in the oven, perhaps; however, I find her voice to be really quite lovely.  

So, although it would be a reach to say that I love 19, I really do like parts of it, and "My Same" is one reason why.  In fact, it's one of my favorite songs of the year.  Yes, indeed.


Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer