Sunday, December 28, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #26 of 30: beck's "gamma ray"
I gave Beck's Modern Guilt a very favorable review way back in July, and my goodness but I've been hearing about it ever since.  Apparently, there are a few of you who just don't like it as much as I do.  I know this because you keep telling me.

And that's okay.  We all like different stuff, Sunbeam.  I happen to think that Danger Mouse and Mr. Hansen play very well together on Modern Guilt, and I still contend it's Beck's best, most consistent album since at least Sea Change, and maybe even since Odelay.   

But you can disagree.  That's the beauty of America, I suppose.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Just to be clear, I do like Modern Guilt and think it's worthy of any praise it's getting. However, it's not 100% my thing, and therefore will probably not be one of my favorite albums of the year. But I do not diss. Not at all.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Oh, I know. I just find it funny. It seems like every time we start discussing music, someone mentions this album and my feelings about it. Which is fine. It's not like I'm ashamed; I honestly just think it's become a sort of humorously predictable conversational tangent at this point.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer