Friday, December 19, 2008
hello, cupcake!
My family's annual Christmas party is tomorrow, and, after being told to bring a dessert, I thought I would pull out all the stops and try my hand at these adorable Melted Snowman Cupcakes I saw featured on Craft:


However, when I woke up this morning to the news that school was cancelled due to this:


I had to accept that heading to the craft store to buy fondant just wasn't in the cards. Oh well. Another day, perhaps. 

So instead, I made these Cranberry Filled Eggnog Cupcakes I found via Baking Becca:


Maybe they didn't turn out as cute as the ones I had original planned to bring, but they do taste awfully nice - definitely eggnog-y, but not too rich, and the tartness of the cranberries kept it from being too sweet.  Something tells me they may not go over too well with the children, but my Grandpa's basement will be packed with plenty of adults too, all of us watching while thirteen toddlers take five hours to individually open each one of their gifts, one child at a time.

Which reminds me - I should have spiked these babies WITH REAL RUM rather than just imitation rum flavoring.  Stupid me.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always spike another batch ... they might be a pleasant mid-day snack!

Blogger Mary said...

You all DID get a lot of snow! I love the melted snowman cupcakes. They're hillarious! And yeah, sometimes spiking the cupcakes with real rum makes them soggy so you probably did the right thing just using the flavoring. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer