Friday, December 05, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #17 of 30: she & him's "why do you let me stay here?"
I tend to approach any actor-suddenly-turned-musician's new vanity project with a healthy dose of skepticism, so when I heard that actress Zooey Deschanel was collaborating with musician M. Ward - who I respect, however don't particularly like - I didn't expect to fancy the results. However, I do fancy it. I fancy it quite a bit, actually.

"Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" is not only my favorite song off of She & Him's Volume One, it's also one of my favorite songs of the year. It's adorable, light and lovely, and I might just like it enough to forgive Zooey for agreeing to star in the big pile of poo that was The Happening. (Although, it's certainly a tough thing to forgive. Gah!)


Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer