Saturday, August 02, 2008
crystal bubbles will cremate our troubles!
Devendra Banhart's video for "Carmensita," the first video released for Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon, is the weirdest, most wonderful thing I've seen all week.  I had no idea that Natalie Portman was willing to act this silly, but after seeing her as a campy 1960's Bollywood star lamenting the absence of her long-lost "ratty-assed compadre," well, let's just say she's firmly cemented herself a lead position on my list of famous chicks I'd like to have beer with.

(And I know that posting this puts me at great risk for a collective eye roll/head scratch from much of my readership, but maybe we don't all have to be so, so serious all the time. Lighten up, buttercup!)

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger PAK said...

I love you in a salad way!

Natalie Portman has an awesome sense of humor.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1404/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-natalie-raps

Blogger Mrs. White said...

I know! The subtitles are the best part, right?

And I totally forgot about that SNL short. Hilarious.

Blogger Mary said...

I want to reincarnate myself as an octopus.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer