Friday, June 13, 2008
freedom!
It was a bit touch and go there for a while, but here now sits a happy woman - a woman who has waved goodbye to the last of her kiddies, graded their myriad final papers and projects, run the scantrons, entered the grades, cleaned up her classroom, organized her files, and got a fairly decent head start on the new class she'll be teaching next year. Things are certainly looking up, and a celebration is in order.

Looking back on it this was a pretty good year, although it certainly had its moments. I helped write a new curriculum, parts of which we had to implement mere hours after writing it; attended so many meetings, professional development outings and field trips that I sometimes felt like I wrote more lesson plans for substitutes than lesson plans for myself; traveled to the Big Apple with some of the sweetest, most wide-eyed, conservative, and sheltered teenagers in all of the Midwest; did my best to provide a much needed positive role model to a small clique of girls so mean they put Mean Girls to shame; and successfully maneuvered one of the strangest student issues of my career thusfar.

But despite a few hiccups here and there, I feel like I did a pretty good job, had fun doing it more days than not, and helped the vast majority of my kids learn how to read good and do other stuff good too. So seal it, stamp it, and let’s put this baby to bed with the song that’s been running through my head all morning.

Shall we?


I realize things have been a bit quiet around here this week, but expect a change in pace effective now. Best prepare yourself.


3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

So did she do her project on Furries? Incidentally there was a hillarious CSI where I guy dressed as a giant cartoon raccoon got hit by a truck. I kid you not.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

No, administration wouldn't allow it, if you can believe it. Although that didn't stop her from wearing various parts of her costume nearly every single day, including a head...!

And I saw that CSI episode too. How bizarre!

Blogger R. Louis Tessier said...

Happy summer!

bk

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer