Tuesday, June 03, 2008
things i stubbornly believe despite a complete absence of proof
  • Ghosts
  • Bigfoot (But the Abominable Snowman is so very clearly a fraud. Obv!)
  • Alien life exists, but poses no real threat since it finds humanity wholly uninteresting.
  • Some people truly believe they are vampires, however they're really just nerds with iron deficiencies.
  • The damage I'm very probably doing to my feet by wearing high heels nearly every day is minimal, thus worth it. After all, occasional numbness and slight cramping is perfectly normal, right?
  • That optimism is not synonymous with naivete.
  • That one day I too will own an iPhone.
  • Jeans and shorts are never appropriate church-going attire.
  • I will live a long life and will never be hit by lightening.
  • Consuming 80% of one's vegetables in salsa form may be an imperfect plan, however a perfectly acceptable, tasty one.
  • That people are essentially good.
  • My students all find me fascinating, although some of them like to pretend otherwise. Silly foolers!
  • White milk is only safe to drink if it comes from my own refrigerator.
  • Chocolate milk, however, is perfectly safe from any source.
  • That despite the media and the red herrings and the folks who may never be able to see the forest for the trees, yes we can.


1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I absolutely, wholeheartedly agree with a good many of these, but especially numbers 5 (if it looks good, it must be good for me, right?) and 12 (it's the only way to survive a school year!).

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer