Friday, October 19, 2007
suddenly, haiku!
Nathan surprised me this morning with Morrissey tickets for tonight, and to say I’m excited would be putting it lightly. The gift itself is just about the sweetest darned thing ever when you consider that Nate doesn’t even particularly like Morrissey, and even I - a fervent fan - can freely admit that the man is beyond annoying. So good on him!

As it so often does, my excitement has moved me to a particular mode of Japanese poetry. Actually, it moved me thrice. All lines are Morrissey song titles, and I think they capture his snide melancholy quite nicely, if I do say so myself…

hated for loving,
Satan rejected my soul
pretty girls make graves

hairdresser on fire
you’re the one for me, fatty
life is a pigsty

on the streets I ran
November spawned a monster
dear God, please help me

And now I’m even more excited than before I began. Should you need me ‘round 8 o’clock I’ll be drooling in my best black outfit while perfecting my falsetto, and I. Can't. Wait.

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

What a good husband.

Have fun!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer