Monday, March 16, 2009
because i love you
The Second Pass is a fresh, comprehensive and highly engaging new resource for all things bookish, and the readerly among you would do well to bookmark it. It's very new so not much is archived yet, but I've been enjoying both the reviews and the blog. Of course, it helps that on one of my first visits I was greeted with a post that, at least in part, shared my basic assessment of Roberto BolaƱo. The prospect of "anti-blurbs" is delicious as well.

Tiny Art Director is a blog recently featured on VSL, and if you need a laugh then it's a good place to start, as I was nearly in tears after ten or so minutes of thumbing through the archives. The blog is "a running account of the working relationship" between artist Bill Zeman and his 4-year-old daughter Rosie, who commissions him for pieces like "Poo-Poo Airplane" and "A Dinosaur Eating a Baby," and then almost always hates the results. Some of the funniest posts were when Rosie was only two or three and her criticisms were as simple as "Stop drawing! Stop drawing!," but a recent post when she tells her Daddy "I'm sorry to say that you're worser than me. You gotta learn to draw as me. You just don't draw so well. Why do you think that is?" made me laugh spittle all over my laptop.

Finally, someone finally went and linked SAT scores to musical preferences, and the results only served to make me all the more smug, seeing as fans of Beethoven, Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, The Shins, Beck and Bob Dylan had the highest average test scores. Who had the lowest scores, you ask? Lil' Wayne fans. Heh.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer