Tuesday, January 27, 2009
duck, muck, puck, suck
Or, rather, the other thing that rhymes with those.
Humph.
Okay.
Let’s begin with the good news…


The good news is that I am fine.

The bad news is that my car is not.

I still do not know to what extent it is not, but it is most definitely NOT.


The good news, however, is that given the choice between plowing into the back end of a rather large truck and veering off into a snow bank, I chose the snow bank, which I’m pretty sure was the right choice.

The bad news is that driving into an ice-encrusted snow bank traveling 50 some miles per hour tends to make things a bit busted-up and leaky, apparently and alas.


The good news is that I have OnStar, so when I was sitting in the snow bank - busted up and leaky and dazed – they sorted everything out for me regarding the procedure for ejecting myself from said snow bank.

The bad news is that I still had to wait over forty minutes in my frigidy car for the tow truck guy because lots and lots of other people also chose snow banks or ditches over plowing into the back end of rather large trucks, so my choice wasn't exactly innovative.


The good news is that, although I didn’t have a scarf or warm shoes, I did have some coffee and (oddly) a copy of the Tao Te Ching with me while I waited, so “Nothing lasts forever” was a nice thing to read while stranded in the cold and the dark.

But then, reading “the skillful traveller leaves no traces of his wheel or footsteps” was NOT a nice thing to read while stranded in a busted-up condition of my very own design.



But, the good news is that I eventually made it to work today.

Of course, the bad news is that when the shuttle guy offered to take me either to work or home, I CHOSE WORK.

Dolt.

Stupid day.
Stupid ice.
Stupid me.


7 Comments:

Blogger PAK said...

Glad to hear you're okay, but sorry about your car. You probably did make the right choice plowing into the snow bank instead of the large truck but either way you probably were going to end up with a lot of damage.

Blogger Mary said...

Man, that blows, but I'm glad you're okay!

Blogger Carrie said...

Glad you're ok! Next time you're stuck in a freezing car in the snow, feel free to text me to pass the time. I'm very glad you're ok, dearie.

Blogger Kathleen said...

Definitely glad you're OK! Stupid salt trucks that didn't go far enough north... that whole road was a skating rink.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Thanks, guys. I am okay, and April is coming. This I repeat like a mantra...

Blogger MB said...

Ack! That sounds really scary. I'm glad that you are okay

Blogger JMW said...

Good lord, very glad to hear you're OK. I do think you made the right choice, and it's really amazing that you had the Tao Te Ching with you. Great detail.

I would have never chosen work over home after that. Your work ethic is impressive.

Again: Glad you're safe.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer