Tuesday, August 12, 2008
random posts of pretty
I missed the Olympic opening propaganda campaign ceremonies, so I obviously never saw cute little Lin Miaoke perform "Ode to the Motherland."  And as it turns out, everyone missed it; she was only lip syncing.  Apparently the little girl whose voice you heard was deemed not pretty enough to be seen.  For some reason, this is far more irksome to me than the whole fake fireworks debacle. Ugh.

But for some reason this all reminded me of something wonderful my friend Carrie forwarded me last week, and I thought it would be nice to share.  Yeondoo Jung's website is full of all sorts of wonderful things, but his "Wonderland" series, in which he makes photographic version of children's drawings, is particularly fantastic.  See?:







And you know what, you? Just like Jung is to those children's drawings, I happen to think you're quite pretty just the way you are. I don't even care whether you can sing or not!

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Abs said...

What an awesome idea! The pictures, not the OCs. That singing debacle pissed me off, too, and I think one of the Chinese blog commenters said it best, that if the West hears about it, they're going to think China is totally incompetent.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer