Wednesday, May 07, 2008
reason #57 why florida is a great state to visit, but i wouldn't want to live there

Apparently making a toothpick disappear and reappear is deemed wizardry in Land 'O Lakes, Florida, and apparently wizardry can get you canned. Amazing.

Good thing I can teach Shakespeare in Michigan. I just spent my morning explaining to three freshmen classes what Sampson meant when he said he wanted to thrust the Montague maids to the wall and take their maidenheads with his "naked weapon." Quite titillating, no?

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Hehe! I miss teaching all the dirty bits in R&J... excellent!

Blogger paul said...

One of my grad school friends just got a job at a university in the school district where this happened. His wife, a grade school teacher, is slightly concerned about her job prospects because her lesson plan regularly involved levitation and conjuration.

I'm not sure if he's serious or not...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer