Sunday, January 21, 2007
sunday morning at my house (or, my husband can be a very goofy man): a play in one act
N: (Sigh) I have a very busy day today.

Me: You do?

N: Oh yeah. I have to rent the outdoor wood burning stove, build the fire pit...

Me: What?! What are you doing all that for?

N: For the pig roast.

Me: What pig roast?!

N: The pig roast we're having today.

Me: Since when are we having a pig roast?

N: Since forever.

Me: Are people coming?

N: Oh yeah, everyone's coming. Kevin's even flying in from DC.

Me: Really...so when were you planning on telling me about this big event?

N: You knew about it. Besides, how did you miss seeing the pig in the backyard?

Me: What pig in the backyard?

N: It's been there for a week; I don't see how you possibly could have missed seeing it. I have to kill it today.

Me: (short pause) Nathan, we're not having a pig roast today.

N: Then what did I buy the pig for?!?

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I thought the pig roast was next week. Damn it.

Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. You had a live pig in your backyard for a week, presumably tethered or penned, but definitely snuffling around in some manner ... and you didn't notice it. There's got to be some inherent humor in there somewhere.

But I'm hanging on tenterhooks... did the big crowd show up or not?

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

Blogger paul said...

That pork was succulent and well prepared. You guy's should roast those suckers more often!

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Sorry Andrew, I didn't mean to imply that we actually had a pig roast. To my knowledge the entire event, pig in the backyard included, was a complete fiction born from my husband's strange little head.

(Although Paul did say the pig was well-prepared, so perhaps it did happen after all. Please please please tell me I'm not in the Matrix again.)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer