Wednesday, January 10, 2007
the sky is green (and other pearls of wisdom i harvested whilst sitting through a day-long training session on standardized testing)
And I quote:

Ignore details.

Don't waste time reading directions.

The answer may not be right, but it doesn't matter.

If ACT says the sky is green, than the sky is green. Even if the kid knows it's blue and everyone else knows it too, on that day the sky is green.

There are seven levels, but the first level is three.

Wow! I get to miss all kinds of questions and still be average!

You don't have to actually know the answer to get it right.

I teach my kids to "keep it simple, shorty." We call it KISS, and after introducing them to it I really like for them to try KISS as often as possible. It's the only thing I've taught them all year that they remember.

I like to give my students a grade just for answering a question.

Don't be afraid to pick it.

There's no "I" in ACT.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer