Tuesday, February 24, 2009
random posts of pretty
A bunch of us English teachers were discussing the Kindle today at lunch (none of us in favor, which I'm sure comes as little surprise). As far as I can tell, it's a question of versatility versus quantity - I can either carry my entire library with me at all times, or I can have a wall of real, tangible books in my home to take with me to the bath or to bed or to loan out to friends. Personally, I'd rather have the latter.   

Of course, another reason to champion the tangible over the technological is aesthetics.  Case in point, White's Books' gorgeous, new editions of beloved classics, each hardcover designed by renowned artists.  They're so pretty that I almost want to take a second stab at reading Wuthering Heights!  

(Almost.)





(Via Apartment Therapy)

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger cornshake said...

ahhhhh! goregousness!!!

Blogger Abs said...

Oh my goodness, I was skeptical, but then I saw the Pride & Prejudice one. Love!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer