Thursday, August 02, 2007
overheard in the grocery store: vol. 2
(A child, seven-ish, is with his mom who is letting him steer the shopping cart. Suddenly, he jumps on the bottom bar and starts "riding" the cart like we all did when we were kids. Or like some of us did when we were 29 and on our way back to our car in the parking lot when no one was looking....)

Mom: Michael! What did I just say!? Don't do that!!!

Kid: I know mom, sorry. (looks down sheepishly, trying but failing to hide a grin)

Mom: Why would you do that when I just told you not to!? That just proves you weren't listening to me.

Kid: I was listening. I'm sorry. I can't help it.....I didn't want to. Satan made me.

Mom: (lets out an exasperated sigh and a huuuuge eye roll) Michael, look at me. (he looks) What did Pastor Joe tell you? You simply can't keep blaming everything on Satan.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer