Monday, July 23, 2007
nathan hijacks the blog
Maggie is missing.

She has not been seen about town.

Text messages and phone calls have gone unanswered.

Mail is unopened.

Laundry is not done.

The dishes are piling up.

I should be concerned, but I'm not.

The final installment of Harry Potter has just been released and though I may not see any evidence of her around my house I know that she is either reading on the swing in my backyard, curled-up reading in the guest bedroom, or just plain ignoring me.

A sample of recent conversation:

Me: "Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty?"
Mags: "Yep."

Me: "Have you fed Chloe dinner?"
Mags: "What... Um... Eat whatever you want. I'm not hungry."

Me: "Federal agents are at the door wanting to know where you were last night."
Mags: "Sausages."

A rough estimate puts the time reading Harry Potter today at TEN hours!

She is apparently following the advice of this music video very seriously.

I am writing this to let y'all know that she is most definitely gone, but not gone for long. She will be back very shortly, but in the meantime is spending every moment of every day reading, and I can only assume that she will continue to do so before she can resume blogging.

I now return this blog to its rightful owner. Whenever she reemerges, that is...

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Might I not then suggest that you attend to the dishes and the laundry and the sausages? :)

And for what it's worth I am almost done. Had to break for the night due to a terrific case of eye strain and a cricked neck, but soon enough I'll be back to my old *ahem* tidy, witty, and social self.

Blogger Carrie said...

I think Paul could register similiar complaints. I did not speak to him for hours last night, even though most of the time I was sitting right next to him on the couch. Hey, but at least I did dishes yesterday...

I finished last night at 11:15. I was trying to add up in my head all the hours I've spent reading, but it's hard to come up with a grand total. I'd say it took me at least 15 or 16 hours, maybe a few more...

Blogger paul said...

All Carrie and Maggie have to do now is realize that their bodies need water, so they should drink that shit.

At the end, Ron, who is actually Voldemort's twin brother in robot form cuts off Harry's head with an axe. And Hermione is a lesbian.

I don't see what the obession is over.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer